- The George Washington University Law School, J.D. (2006)
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S. Industrial and Systems Engineering (2003)
Matt Rozier is an engineer and registered patent attorney focusing on complex patent litigation and advocacy before the federal district courts, the Federal Circuit, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and the U.S. International Trade Commission. Matt has litigated patent matters throughout the nation, including Texas, Delaware, Virginia, California, Colorado, Michigan, Tennessee, Maine, Nevada, Georgia, and Washington, D.C for companies ranging from leading Fortune 100 companies to early-stage startups and individual inventors.
He leverages his extensive past experience with U.S. and international patent prosecution, patent acquisition due diligence, and patent counseling to inform his patent litigation and post-grant practices. His experience also includes federal trade secret and trademark litigation.
Matt has expertise litigating a wide range of technologies, including computer hardware and software, telecommunications, medical devices, computer electronics, communication systems, multimedia processing, wireless networks, user interfaces, and consumer products. He has a deep understanding of all phases of complex patent litigation, including motions practice, discovery, claim construction, infringement and invalidity analysis, trial, and settlement and licensing negotiations and has represented both petitioners and respondents on dozens of post-grant patent matters before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Represented industry leading headphone and audio product company in Section 337 ITC investigation, filed by a large competitor, involving digital signal processing (U.S. International Trade Commission)
- Represented leading mobile device and computer maker against their largest international competitor through Section 337 hearing, involving patents directed to cellular modulation techniques (U.S. International Trade Commission)
- Represented media and streaming company in patent infringement suit, involving streaming technology and associated inter partes review challenged, successfully invalidating all patent claims asserted against client (D. Del., Patent Trial and Appeal Board)
- Represented leading mobile device and computer maker in multi-jurisdiction patent and licensing dispute regarding mobile computing devices (N.D. Cal. E.D. Tex.)
Post-Grant Patent Challenges
- Conducted dozens of inter parte review and ex parte reexamination proceedings before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Extensive expertise obtaining successful outcomes for both patent owners and petitioners in a wide range of technology areas
- Led patent due diligence analysis for a leading medical device company in support of one of the largest acquisitions in the medical device space in the past fifteen years
- Managed and directed company strategy for international patent portfolio for one of the world’s largest consumer product companies
Trade Secret Litigation
- Defended a health insurance company in a lawsuit by a software vendor alleging trade secret misappropriation and breach of contract (D. Me.)
- Representing financial product developer in trade secret litigation against financial corporation (D. Oh.)